We have often been approached by many NetSuite customers about open invoice follow-ups. This is because open invoice follow-ups are especially important when customers do not clear their payments regularly. In addition, it is mandatory to email open invoices to customers and receive their feedback.
After much analysis and consideration, our team devised an app called the Bulk Email App which can be used within the NetSuite ERP to handle the emailing and monitoring of bulk invoices. The Bulk Email App uses Suitelet in the background, which increases the speed of executing the instructions, thus handling multiple processes quickly and efficiently.
Key features of the Bulk Email App:
- The bulk email app can be used to sort and select up to 300 invoices (open or closed) in a single instruction. This functionality helps when analyzing the details of all invoices that are open from a particular customer so that informed decisions can be made by the Accounts team before delivering new orders to that customer.
- All invoices that can be seen on the screen (maximum of 300 invoices) can be mailed out to up to 10 members (or 10 emails can be sent) simultaneously. This saves time since users do not have to send emails individually to suppliers, distributors, or other stakeholders.
- Invoices or documents can be mailed as attachments in various formats, such as PDFs, which makes it easy for users to save, read and print the document as per their convenience.
- The bulk email app has a lot of options to filter open invoices based on different criteria. Some options to filter the invoices are as shown below :
- Filter invoices by customer name
- Filter invoices by department
- Filter invoices by location
- Filter invoices by date range, where a user can manually select the start date and end date
- Filter invoices by the status of the invoice i.e user can filter invoices that are either open or closed
- The bulk email app helps track emails related to open invoices and keeps the user updated on the status of these invoices (unlocked invoices can be tracked). This is a time-saving feature that allows the sales team to focus on new orders.
- The bulk email app provides multi-attachment functionality. Users can attach multiple invoices to the same mail rather than sending one mail per invoice. Our customers found that this feature was much more convenient and a time saver!
- The bulk email app supports a filter functionality called the exclude invoice functionality. Here, the user can mark and exclude all invoices that are irrelevant for the current sorting purpose. Suppose, within the list of all invoices, you do not currently wish to consider the invoices of ABC company. With the exclude functionality, you can mark all those invoices and exclude them. After executing the exclusion process, all invoices of ABC company will be removed from the screen (invoices will not be deleted permanently) and you can use all available filter options to sort the remaining invoices as per your requirements.
NetSuite is one of the best Cloud ERP solutions in the world. Try a Demo with Tvarana, a NetSuite partner to know more about it. We understand our clients’ business needs & processes and design the ERP system befitting their requirements. With more than decades of experience and a team of in-house experts, Tvarana provides NetSuite implementation services and NetSuite support services for NetSuite ERP Software.
You can mail your queries at email@example.com and for any feedback or concern, you can call us at +1 770-783-1441.
Our team of certified NetSuite consultants can help with your business’ custom requirements. Schedule a demo with us today!