SignRequest is a secure and legally binding electronic signature tool that enables users to sign contracts and other documents quickly without the hassle of having to physically print, sign and scan. Based on a custom requirement from a client, the Tvarana team created a SignRequest button for NetSuite, which allows users to send customers confidential documents, get their signatures and store the signed documents in NetSuite.
- To begin, the NetSuite user will need an active account on SignRequest
- Upload email templates to be sent to customers to SignRequest
- Using an API call, the custom script will fetch all the templates uploaded to SignRequest and display them in a field in NetSuite
- The NetSuite user will select from the uploaded templates and then send a notification to their customers
- The script sends a message to the customer, as well as the accounting team to update the same
- Once the customer signs the document, a redirect URL to NetSuite will be triggered. This will fetch the signed documents from SignRequest in PDF form and attach them to customer record as a message
- The Tvarana team created a button called “SignRequest” as part of a custom requirement
- Clicking this button generates a popup with a few options
- Users can select the desired template from the dropdown
- Once the user fills the given fields and hits ‘Submit’, an email is sent to the customer with the document that needs to be signed. This document will also display the fields that need to be signed.
- Once all the fields have been filled and signed by the customer, the signed document is returned from SignRequest to NetSuite and stored in the file cabinet.
- A scheduled script is triggered in NetSuite which is responsible for creating a message record that attaches signed PDF documents to the customer record.